Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DC Operations Manager
at Dollar Tree
DC Operations Manager
DC OPERATIONS MANAGER
Dollar Tree's busy distribution center (DC) located in Ridgefield, Washington is currently seeking to add an Operations Manager (OM) to the building’s leadership team. This role oversees all aspects of DC operations across a shift in an automated full service, high volume, full case retail distribution center with multiple shifts. The purpose of this role is to manage and coordinate the receiving, order filling, and shipping operations across a shift within the DC. The Operations Manager at Dollar Tree ensures that work is performed according to SOPs while meeting productivity and quality goals and fostering our culture of safety. Dollar Tree Operations Managers are hands-on leaders who are capable of meeting aggressive production goals while mentoring and developing a team of supervisors and frontline associates to reach their maximum potential. The OM sets the standard by exemplifying Dollar Tree’s high standards of integrity and customer service.
Key Responsibilities in the role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing the filling of store orders, including the selection of orders, merge operations, loading of trailers and all related paperwork; Monitor loads to ensure merchandise is loaded according to quality standards
- Monitoring, assessing, managing, and making recommendations to key productivity indicators, such as financial, productivity, service, and people goals in order to reduce and control costs
- Coordinating and managing the flow of all order selection functions from primary pick locations to final close of outbound loaded trailers; Monitor load quality to assure load stability on outbound deliveries
- Assisting in the coordination and managing of the replenishment cycles of the operation to assure the timely restocking of primary pick locations
- Establishing and monitoring the daily selecting and loading schedule and ensure schedules are adhered to and resources are utilized properly to control costs in order to meet market demands
- Ensuring accuracy, housekeeping, merchandise damage minimization, and safety through monitoring and enforcement of company requirements
- Managing the development, implementation, and administration of operational policies, programs, and systems within functional areas across all shifts; Establish methods and procedures for departmental work activities; identify and resolve operational problems; communicate expertise and approvals concerning departmental activities
- Partnering with the HR team on hiring, orienting, training, mentoring, evaluating, recommending pay increases, and developing associates as well as carrying out disciplinary actions including, coaching and counseling, or recommending termination of employment as appropriate
- Sharing and providing appropriate information to and anticipating information needs of all distribution center associates
- Preparing various statistics and reports for functional area of responsibility
- Performing work without significant direction; Assignments are often self-initiated; Exercises considerable judgment in determining objectives and approaches to assignments; Work is reviewed and evaluated in terms of meeting organizational objectives and schedules
- Evaluating current processes, methods, and SOPs and making recommendations for continuous improvement
Functional Responsibilities include:
· Manage and coordinate the receipt of merchandise including the unloading and checking of merchandise. Monitor loads to ensure merchandise is unloaded according to priority designation
· Coordinate and manage the flow of reserve inventory from receiving dock to reserve locations. Monitor reserve areas to ensure the orderly storage of merchandise
· Coordinate and manage replenishment cycles of the operation to assure the timely restocking of primary pick locations
· Establish and monitor the daily receiving schedule and prioritize ensuring priorities are adhered to and resources are utilized properly to control cost in order to meet market demands
· Coordinate and manage the filling of store orders, including the selection of orders, merge operations, loading of trailers and all related paperwork. Monitor loads and ensure merchandise is loaded according to quality standards
· Coordinate and manage flow of all order selection functions from primary pick locations to final close of outbound loaded trailers. Monitor load quality to assure load stability on outbound deliveries
· Assist in coordination and managing of the replenishment cycles of the operation to assure the timely restocking of primary pick locations
· Establish and monitor the daily selecting and loading schedule and ensure schedules are adhered to and resources are utilized properly to control cost in order to meet market demands
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in business administration or logistics preferred
- Minimum of five years distribution center management, operations experience or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of distribution center practices and procedures
- Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Strong analytical ability to gather and interpret information and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Requires rapid and thorough independent decision making and creative problem solving skills, good judgment as well as the ability to accept personal and departmental accountability for areas of responsibility
- PC skills to include: Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access); Working knowledge of WMS System, such as AS400
- Must be flexible to working various shifts in accordance with business needs
What we offer you:
Dollar Tree offers a full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Due to our tremendous growth we also offer excellent career GROWTH opportunities for motivated individuals
Why Dollar Tree?
Dollar Tree is a:
Priceless Experience: A career with Dollar Tree also comes with a lot of variety. It's a fun career that allows you to wear a different hat every day.
Big Company With Big Ideas: We are the nation's leading operator of single price point dollar stores with more than 4,600 locations in 48 states, a $7 billion corporate owned chain.
Valuable Partner: We're all on the same team at Dollar Tree. We're about people treating each other with respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose.
Career Growth Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
Place We Can All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our appreciation.
Discover for yourself how far this DOLLAR can take you!
Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer
Auto Req ID
7509 S 5th Street