Merz North America, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
National Account Director - Managed Markets - CA, NW
at Merz North America, Inc.
Merz North America is a specialty healthcare company that develops and commercializes innovative, high-quality treatment solutions in aesthetics, dermatology and neurosciences in the U.S. and Canada. As a privately-held and family-owned company, Merz brings an unwavering focus to the specialties we serve, combined with a flexible, responsive approach to the individualized needs of our physician customers and patients.
Managed Markets is primarily responsible for developing market access and reimbursement strategy to enhance patient access to Merz prescription products in the U.S. These responsibilities are fulfilled by developing contracting and pricing strategies, managing contracts and adjudicate contract discounts and rebates, as well as ensuring regulatory compliance and operational excellence with respect to pricing and contracting operations.
Position is based on the west coast: California, Oregon or Washington.
Purpose: National Account Directors are business drivers. National Account Directors represent Merz's interest by shaping and influencing coverage decisions made by diverse stakeholders. The National Account Director (NAD) is responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing patient coverage / access / reimbursement across Commercial and Government Payers. Key functions of this role include providing education and information to assist in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of coverage and coding healthcare policy. The NAD must be strategically engaged on the coverage landscape within respective regions and possess a depth of relationships within targeted Accounts. The NAD will work cross-functionally to support the development of provider advocates interested in removing payer access barriers. The NAD must have a thorough understanding of the clinical and pharmacoeconomic data, coverage and payment influencers, and the unique considerations of injectables in payer medical benefits.
- Maintain and improve patient access to Merz's Neuroscience Portfolio and Medical Dermatology Portfolio while maximizing revenue and profitability.
- Create and maintain strategic payer business plans to better understand the key drivers, membership, and network providers for targeted Accounts. This includes Account value assessment, future product impact, and market dynamics.
- Provide vision to uncover coverage opportunities that exist both Nationally, regionally, and across all payer segments.
- Build and leverage key payer personnel relationships within assigned Accounts that may impact or have the potential to impact product access.
- Develop customer specific marketing plans with consultative solutions that drive long-term profitable relationships.
- Deepen Account penetration and broaden relationships with C-Suite, Vice President of Network Management, Chief Medical Officer, Medical Director(s), Vice President of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Director(s), Clinical Managers and Case Managers.
- Accelerate uptake of launch products by leveraging Key Opinion Leaders, Key Advocacy Leaders, Patient Advocacy Associations and Merz relationships within payers to drive early coverage and reimbursement decisions.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with field sales teams and obtain their input on strategies and tactics for increasing sales.
- Enlist Regional Business Managers and their teams to facilitate, coordinate, and ensure adherence to: educational programs, call activity, contract pull-through, and other prescribed activities within assigned Accounts.
- Work synergistically with the Regional Reimbursement Managers to ensure awareness of all payer policy changes prior to implementation.
- Leverage medical affairs resources in order to drive payer product awareness /education.
- Monitor and understand the changing macro environment and proactively develop strategies as well as strong value propositions that position Merz to Connect, Shape, Lead and Deliver.
- Identify and shape market influencers - Advocacy, CMS, HHS, NIH, Quality Improvement Organizations and Delivery / Payment Models (IPAB, CMS VBP, ACOs, Shared Savings, PCMH and CER).
- Team and collaborate with all business partners to deliver value beyond product and price - Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal, Finance, Compliance, Regulatory, etc.
- Expand distribution and availability of Merz products.
- Comply with all Merz legal and regulatory policies.
- Manage time and expenses within allocated budget.
- Demonstrate knowledge around indication(s), utilization management, coding, reimbursement payer policies, and conducting payer research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team oriented skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to lead and influence others without authority.
- Ability to establish and grow relationships with commercial and government executives.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, with flexibility to meet the changing organizational needs.
- Ability to work independently as a self-motivator, as well as in a matrix organization.
- Ability to manage complexity and operate in ambiguity.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel frequently; preference will be given to candidates in targeted geographic location.
- Bachelors Degree required. Advanced degree in pharmacy, healthcare, or business desirable.
- 7 to 10 years prior experience in Managed Markets (injectables/biologics).
Merz North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO is the Law.