Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GROW WITH US
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that guides how we support employees, interact with our customers, service our communities, and care for our environment.
We encourage Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and personally by:
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in a company that does the right things for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done.
You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Facilities Attendant
Under close supervision, assists in the cleaning, maintenance and minor repair of facilities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Cleans windows, mops floors, empties garbage and recycling, vacuums, dusts, strips and waxes floors, sanitizes bathrooms.
- Mows lawns. Edges lawns. Blows and rakes leaves. Uses Weed Eater or sprays non-landscaped areas. Prunes shrubs. Operates and completes minor repairs of irrigation system.
- Repairs or lubricates door hinges/latches, repairs leaky faucets, replaces light bulbs, replaces HVAC filters.
- Conducts visual observation of storm-water discharge.
- Completes minor electrical repairs
- Uses pressure washer to wash building exterior.
- Operates motorized sweeper to clean parking and driving areas.
- Cleans and maintains facilities maintenance equipment including vacuum, mower, edger, weed eater.
- Understands all safety programs and performs all work in accordance with Company policies and standards.
- Assists office personnel as needed (e.g., moving furniture, hanging wall items, routine assembly, lifting and carrying).
- Assists collection crew as needed (e.g., delivering carts, helping customers, assisting with community projects).
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- One year of related experience.
IDEAL CANDIDATE – The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees within this classification.
- Principles and practices of job site safety, potential job hazards, and state and local regulations including state/local regulations that govern landfill operations.
- Basic Computer programs.
Skill and / or Ability to:
- Ability to promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources.
- Work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to maintain high levels of activity or productivity; operating with effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ability to understand safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Consistently build knowledge and expertise about current job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and customers.
- Ability to communicate on a two-way radio or similar device.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
- Retirement plans (Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) with match).
- Annual wellness incentives.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance.
- Commuting benefits.
- Employee referral program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
Recology is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting an inclusive and diverse work environment where employees are valued, heard, and provided development opportunities. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by law.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.