The Personnel Department Ltd.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Personnel Department Ltd.
Our client is an established financial services company with insurance and investment representatives supporting thousands of financial advisors nationwide. This company also introduces broker services to a broad range of financial organizations while also providing custodial services for their clients.
The Business Analyst excels at managing multiple projects of varying complexity, for a client, a business unit, or a product. A specialist in business applications, the role requires strict adherence to PMI guidelines and deliver specified requirements within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost.
The position will liaise with stakeholders to gather, validate and manage requirements with the goal of understanding business needs and translating them into a solution or process improvement.
This role is based in Vancouver, British Columbia and is a key customer-facing position within the PMO assisting business units with their requests and projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively lead the collection, verification and management of requirements, liaising between the business units/customers, technology teams and support teams.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and elicit requirements.
- Deliver the following artifacts as needed: functional and non-functional requirements (business requirements document), use cases, screen and interface designs, data flow diagrams, workflow diagrams, business process maps, descriptions and recommendations.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts, as well as under the direction of project managers or senior business analysts.
- Foster effective and collaborative working relationships with business units, partners and service providers to ensure project and service requirements are achieved.
- Anticipate client needs before they arise and present solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Proactively assess expectations that were set with clients and recognize when issues/events may affect delivery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 2 years project management &/or business analysis experience in an IT or financial service firm. Mutual fund, securities and insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities or Investment Funds in Canada Course is a definite asset.
- Completion of PMP or CBAP designation preferred.
- Technically competent with various software programs and platforms. Experience with Univeris, MS Office suite, SQL Server Management Studio, Visio, and MS Project is required.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package provided including incentives and other remuneration options.
Interviews are taking place soon, so please apply now with your resume. (Cover letter not required)
We at TPD thank you for your interest.