Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Engineer (Entry Level)
WaferTech is seeking a goal oriented and results driven Facilities Engineer to be responsible and accountable for assigned systems. The engineer will work closely with Facilities Technicians and other Engineers to solve daily operational problems, and develop long-term solutions to improve equipment reliability. The engineer will be responsible for: capital projects, budgets, operational performance, system reliability, cost planning and control, continuous improvement projects, system hardening, capacity expansions, and working closely with TSMC for best known methods and practices (BKM/BP) review and implementation as required.
- Overall systems performance, operating costs, reliability, daily operations (24X7), engineering projects, and continuous improvement team leader or contributor
- Capital project planning, design, expenses, and all other aspects of execution through equipment start up, commissioning, PM planning, and all other documentation
- Responsible for developing long term engineering solutions for assigned chemical/gas/CMP mechanical systems to monitor and predict/prevent potential failures
- Coordinate operational and capital improvement projects with Facilities Technicians, Engineers and contractors/vendors
- Develop and initiate planned maintenance, reliability and improvement plans through maintenance database/tracking systems and by directing internal and external resources
- Develop procedures/training/troubleshooting modules for Facilities Technicians and Engineers
- Oversee daily operations, and provide resolutions to daily recurrent operational issues
- Provide continuous support to the operation group as required
- Carry a pager, respond to call in events for equipment ownership, and other assignments as directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated scholastic capability and teamwork skills
- Interested in semiconductor high purity gas and chemical systems, chemical mechanical polishing systems, and engineering design specifications for fluid/gas dynamics
- Willingness to learn, desires knowledge and the drive for continuous improvement
- Risk based thinking and multi-tasking skills
- Engineering and technical knowledge of controls, electronics, P&ID dwgs, schematics
- Working knowledge with industrial codes and standards such as UBC, UFC, Semi S2, etc.
- AutoCAD skills a plus
- BS/MS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering field
- Experience in a semiconductor industry or facilities department or similar industrial experience a plus